Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Passing of Ron Sullivan - witness to the extraordinary 1966 "bent head light beam" case at Burkes Flat

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Ron Sullivan at 91 on 25 May 2019. He was a good man who back in 1966 experienced something that defies explanation. My condolences to his family and friends.  He was a great help to my retrospective investigations of his experience.
See my link here: https://theozfiles.blogspot.com/search?q=Sullivan
From my detailed retrospective investigation of the Burkes Flat incident. The above imagery collection shows a number of aspects of the case and its investigation. I am pictured on site at Burkes Flat pointing to the tree that Gary Taylor's car collided with, causing his death. VUFORS investigator Paul Norman recovered a headlight from Gary Taylor's car and passed it onto my friend & colleague Dr. Geoff Stevens, then working with the Australian Atomic Energy Commission at Lucas Heights. Geoff showed me the work he did, including tracing with chalk marks the directions of lines of magnetic force on the headlight. The picture shows my hand on the headlight for size reference. The relatively random directions of lines of magnetic force ruled out evidence for exposure to a strong magnetic field. That would have caused all the lines to be running in the same direction. A contemporary photo, shown in the documentary, reveals the investigation undertaken by police and the coroner at the site of Gary Taylor's fatal car crash. A photo from 1984 shows me interviewing Ron Sullivan, the witness to an extraordinary bending of car headlight beams at the same locality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home